The Buying Process
Real estate purchases are complex by design. Each transaction has its unique characteristics and there are laws and guidelines around them to protect you as the buyer.
Your real estate attorney’s role involves a number of critical tasks to ensure the process moves quickly and efficiently, while keeping your best interests in mind and informing you of your rights and obligations associated with the purchase.
In a typical transaction, your attorney will facilitate the following items:
• Review and help you fully understand the Purchase and Sale Agreement
• When applicable, review condominium and budget documents
• Complete a title search to check for liens, easements or other issues that could disrupt, delay or prevent the transaction from closing
• Prepare, review and record all legal documents
• Review the terms of the promissory note, mortgage and all other lender documents
• Review each line item requiring your signature
• Attend the closing to ensure all paperwork is complete
• Facilitate title insurance protection
• Provide legal advice in the event of a conflict or dispute with the seller
In most instances, it is in the buyer’s interests to have Crowley & Cummings perform the loan closing or act as escrow agent in the case of a cash buyer.
At Crowley & Cummings, we believe in making your home buying transaction simple and easy. Our experienced attorneys are exceptional at minimizing the stress associated with your new home purchase by deftly handling issues related to title searches, documentation and insurance.
Give us a call at 781-251-0540 to set up a consultation.